Essential Services, April 3 Announcement April 3, 2020
New List of Essential Services, Effective 11:59 PM April 4, 2020
Keeping you informed...
This was confirmed by Premier Ford's recent announcement today
A list of essential services can be found here:
As the WCA speaks to clients and industry stakeholders we will keep you informed as we have more information
City of WindsorCOVID-19 Temporary Service Updates March 30, 2020
From the City of Windosr
To whom it may concern,
As you may be aware, City Hall is now closed to the public until April 6th at the earliest, however the Building Department is still operating at a modified service level to support the needs of the construction industry.
Please see the current processes for each Building Department division.
All of the above is of course subject to change at any time due to the fluidity of the COVID-19 Pandemic. We will keep you informed of any changes or updates.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Change in Hours of Operation March 25, 2020
Change in WCA/HCA Hours of Operation
As you’re aware, the Premier ordered that all non-essential workplaces must close. The construction industry, however, has been declared an essential service and continues to operate. The services at the WCA will also continue, but under modified hours, and we have now taken the necessary arrangements to continue our operations with all staff members having the ability to perform most functions from home.
Effective March 26, 2020 we will be modifying our hours of operation as follows:
Monday to Friday ~ Office OPEN from 8:30am to 12:30 pm
Members who require services to be delivered by the WCA such as The Commissioning of Statutory Declarations, picking up CCDC documents, or project prints can expect these services to be available during the morning hours.
For members who visit after hours, please feel free to utilize the “mail shoot” to the right of the front door to drop off your CCDC 9’s for signature, and they will be signed and available for you the following business day morning.
There are conditions when visiting the Association posted at the WCA, and we ask that you please follow these to ensure everyone’s safety. Only one person will be permitted to enter the office at a time, all surfaces will be disinfected after each visitor, and you must remain a minimum of 2 meters away from association staff.
Further, if you’ve been outside Canada in the past 14 days, OR if you’ve had contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or who has tested positive for the virus OR if you have a fever, cough, or are experiencing shortness of breath, please do not come or attempt to enter the building.
Staff will continue to be available to serve our members through this pandemic either by phone or email. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these difficult times. We will continue to update you all with any new information we receive.
Industrial, Commercial, Institutional (I.C.I.) and Residential Construction Deemed Essential March 24, 2020
Industrial, Commercial, Institutional (I.C.I.) and Residential Construction Deemed Essential
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Overnight the Provincial Government released its list of essential services. The Construction sector remains OPEN FOR BUSINESS as it is deemed essential. Please observe and practice the recommended preventative steps to prevent the COVID 19 spread or your jobsite will be shut down.
Here is the noteworthy part of the Essential list.
Institutional, Residential, Commercial and Industrial Maintenance
13. Businesses that provide support and maintenance services, including urgent repair, to maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial industrial and residential properties and buildings, including, property management services, plumbers, electricians, custodial/janitorial workers, cleaning services, , security services, fire safety and sprinkler systems, building systems maintenance and repair technicians and engineers, mechanics, (e.g. HVAC, escalator and elevator technicians), and other service providers who provide similar services
26. Construction projects and services associated with the healthcare sector, including new facilities, expansions, renovations and conversion of spaces that could be repurposed for health care space;
27. Construction projects and services required to ensure safe and reliable operations of critical provincial infrastructure, including transit, transportation, energy and justice sectors beyond the day-to-day maintenance;
28. Construction work and services, including demolition services, in the industrial, commercial, institutional and residential sectors;
29. Construction work and services that supports health and safety environmental rehabilitation projects
The complete list can be found here.
Stay healthy and safe.
Covid 19 Update March 20, 2020 March 20, 2020
COCA Letter on Pandemic Response In the Construction Industry March 18, 2020
COCA Letter on Pandemic Response In the Construction Industry
COCA's Letter on Pandemic Response In the Construction Industry has been sent to the Provincial Government.
As we know the COVID landscape is constantly changing. ICOCA will continue to provide you updates - these websites are updated regularly and provide the latest information on COVID-19:
- Health Canada
- Candian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Government of Ontario
- Health Canada
Covid 19 Update March 17, 2020
With the recent announcements by the Local, Provincial and Federal Governments and in an effort to protect our members and our staff, we have cancelled our HCA meeting of March 25th and our Annual Hockey Tournament.
Construction and Surety Insight, Covid 19 February 4, 2020
Some insights on Construction and Surety in these times
The Link2Build Layperson's Guide to the Construction Act October 23, 2019
The Link2Build Layperson's Guide to the Construction Act
This guide helps you understand and adapt to Ontario's new Construction Act, which came into full effect October 1st.
New City of Windsor Standard Specs and AS Drawings June 26, 2017
New City of Windsor Standard Specs and AS Drawings